Oregon Wine Month 2013
OREGON WINE MONTH is already filling up with a
variety of wine country events throughout the entire month. The OWB
is working with distributor and retail partners to provide graphic
consistency in the diverse efforts focused on increasing awareness
and sales among Oregonians.
WHAT OWB IS DOING:
Chris Noud of NOW Design in Salem has worked with the OWB
to create a series of POS items geared to raise attention and focus
in large and small retailers as well as winery tasting rooms.
Download Vintage Oregon and Wine Month Graphics from our Dropbox folder here.
- An aggressive social media and PR program will be underway soon
as we work to be sure all media channels are communicating Oregon
- OWB has met with Roths, Safeway, Fred Meyer, Albertsons, Cost
Plus World Market, and has discussed Wine Month with New Seasons in
an effort to gain their support and use of the POS developed for
- Six distributors have communicated their support for Wine Month
and details will be going out to them early next week.
HOW WILL WINE MONTH BE A SUCCESS: While the OWB
has done a good deal of work developing POS, connecting with key
partners and raising awareness among the trade, the real
success will come only if wineries participate to the fullest. Our
goal is to have constant energy across all channels throughout the
month. The 2012 Oregon Wine Month program established a 6% of total
Oregon wine sales for May, the 2013 goal is 12% growth.
YOUR SUPPORT AND ACTIVITIES ARE CRITICAL TO THE
- Promote Wine Month in your tasting room, email blasts, website
and directly to your clubs. Use the 2013 graphics found here.
- Contact your distributor and be sure they are participating and
how they plan to maximize opportunities. Have them contact OWB with
questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schedule in-store tastings with your retail partners to be sure
your wines are promoted, tasted and sold. Don't hold back, schedule
as many tastings in as many locations as you can. Work with your
distributor as needed and schedule directly with your accounts.
Many retailers want to hear from you directly.
- Organize wine socials and dinners with restaurant and wine bar
- Schedule events with your local AVA or regional marketing
- Offer special Wine Month flights in your tasting room. Consider
verticals, library selections, unique food pairings.
- Work with your distributor and internal teams to offer sales
incentives and programs to drive energy and sales.
- Consider tapping the subtle Oregon Food Bank link by offering a
special tasting flight for either cans of food or a fee that you
will donate to the Food Bank. While not a requirement of Wine Month
participation, we are encouraging all of our partners to find a
path to support the Food Bank.